Topics | Search Log Out | Register | Edit Profile
Hide Clipart | Banned/Unbanned User Log | Moderator Login History | Thread Delete/Move Log | Last 30 mins | 1 | 2
Curious case of Ettore Majorana

Chalanachithram.com DB » New TF Industry Related » Archive through September 18, 2020 » Curious case of Ettore Majorana « Previous Next »

Gharshana
Side Hero
Username: Gharshana

Post Number: 4801

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 05:17 am:       

I think this is an interesting read... But chala mandi genius works ni manam vallu bathi kundagaaa recognize cheyala..

top of mind ante iddaru vunnaruâǦ

1 ... Tesla and 2... Socrates

Chala ibandi padaru bathikunappudu but their work speaks volumes

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar
Username: Mental_sachinodu

Post Number: 24601

Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 03:10 am:       

Vishwamitra:

Never heard of him. Would be interesting to read your book once complete.

i dont know when i will complete it bro... the idea behind the book is to provide a history of the thought process of modern physics as we know it.. from max planck striving to create the most efficient light bulb to the mysterious nature of light(chose that particular starting point because that is where the roots of eletctro-magnetic theories becomes stronger - from prior newtonian views)... to todays quantum theories... I want the book to be more of a evolution of scientific principles with historical progression of scientific thought. hopefully someday i will get there

Vishwamitra
Username: Vishwamitra

Post Number: 5329

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 05:36 pm:       

Mental_sachinodu:

Never heard of him. Would be interesting to read your book once complete.
The universal friend, vishwamitra was here.
vishwamitras chukka ccdb at gmail

యద్ భావమ్ తద్ భవతి

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar

Post Number: 24599

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 05:22 pm:       

Aha:

If I may ask you - what has driven you to pick this Person as your subject for the book?

this particular story is not the focus, just one of the incidents in the history of neutron discovery..

Dreamcatcher
Hero
Username: Dreamcatcher

Post Number: 10667

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 01:03 pm:       

Thanks vunkul, never heard this name before. Interesting.

Aha
Side Hero
Username: Aha

Post Number: 7371

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 01:01 pm:       

Mental_sachinodu:

Interesting... I had to read it twice to absorb the story.

If I may ask you - what has driven you to pick this Person as your subject for the book?
SVR & Veturi

Thokkalohdi
Hero
Username: Thokkalohdi

Post Number: 18955

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 11:51 am:       

thanks.. assalu idea kuda ledu.. first time hearing the name. let me see if vivekananda interacted with him.

Based on just your post and nothing from google..

Mental_sachinodu:

later it was revealed that it was te atomic bomb

and you said previously he did do:

Mental_sachinodu:

worked in complete isolation for atleast 2 years

And you stating this line:

Mental_sachinodu:

extreme introverts who loathe to be in any kind of spot light

This would be most logical...

Mental_sachinodu:

2) Priesthood - He is believed to have escaped to become a priest.

Cause thats what geniuses do... they repeat things they like.... and in the end for him science was for himself.. not for the world.

If you are writing a story my take would be.... in process of story telling use Nazi as a interesting element... to keep the suspense where did he dissapear... but ultimately give a happy ending to audience that he is fine and lived his own life for himself.
Caste: Shudra, Sub-caste: Software , Sub-sub-caste: nri Kula daivam: satyam raju

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar

Post Number: 24598

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 11:45 am:       

Thikka_sankara:

uncle see aii ya ethukellaledaa confirm gaa??

appatiki CIA inka ledhu kadha vunkl.. also, there was no need for an abduction Fermi himself immigrated to USA

Ntr_fan
Legend
Username: Ntr_fan

Post Number: 33060

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 10:53 am:       

Definite ga nazis ye kidnap chesi untaru...antha brilliant scientist ni ela vadulukuntaru..

Rocketk2
Side Hero
Username: Rocketk2

Post Number: 8843

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 10:06 am:       

Mental_sachinodu:

I read this post 3 different times.. last night when you posted.. early morning and now..
Everytime the only thought i had was

Whyme:

interesting

Interesting because it made me read it thru, start thinking about and also I know nothing about the topic. This is the first time I heard the name.

Is there a rather simpler possibility for his disappearance? Suicide ..since he already wavered back and forth on the idea (few) times? Kidnapping , defection are good possibilities due to the nature of those times and his work.

I gave the name to my daughter while driving her to school this morning.. she likes digging thru the names that mean something with some intrigue and are not main stream.. I am sure it will pick her interest

Brahmagnaani
Side Hero
Username: Brahmagnaani

Post Number: 4456

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 09:10 am:       

H
Old ID is subbarao

Whyme
Legend
Username: Whyme

Post Number: 33813

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 09:03 am:       

interesting

Maverick
Legend
Username: Maverick

Post Number: 81518

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 08:24 am:       

Mental_sachinodu:

Ettore Majorana

thanks for sharing
There's a cacophony in the truth, A melody in lies and it accompanies one on every journey, From the lows to the highs

Thikka_sankara
Legend
Username: Thikka_sankara

Post Number: 34901

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 08:09 am:       

Mental_sachinodu:

uncle see aii ya ethukellaledaa confirm gaa??
Do gaz ki doori.... mask hai zaroori

Gharshana
Side Hero
Username: Gharshana

Post Number: 4799

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 07:28 am:       

Endaro mahanubavulu..

god bless them for their good work...

Surya
Junior Artist
Username: Surya

Post Number: 498

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 03:23 am:       

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar

Post Number: 24595

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 03:11 am:       

oh.. this is certainly better..

vunkls.. if i may.. for the three single stars.. if you can post the reason, it will help me... this is not a story i made up... this is a story based on some facts i am trying to present in around two pages...

if possible, post some details ..

ofcourse, any grammatical issues, i will correct when i create a draft..

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar

Post Number: 24564

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 12:25 am:       

thats mom single view kooda ledhu anukunta post ki... very close to my best/worst record

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar

Post Number: 24539

Rating: 
Votes: 14 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 14, 2020 - 11:01 am:       

a sliver of context for this post - This is part of notes that I am compiling for a book I have been working on - it still needs some references to articles of the time or authors' works i have stumbled upon in the past.

There are people who are shy, and then there are people who are extreme introverts who loathe to be in any kind of spot light. One such character is Ettore Majorana . He was classified a mercurial genius, who never revealed his capabilities and had no intentions to publish any work he has done. The only way we ever knew how truly special he was, by forced interactions between him and Enrico Fermi's team.

We know Enrico Fermi - was a pioneer in radioactive research, and he is created as the creator of first Nuclear reactor. Ettore Majorana was one of the key members in Enrico Fermi's research team - while working with Fermi recognised that Ettore had discovered the existence of Neutron, much before James Chadwick's famous experiment.

Fermi coerced Ettore to publish his work, while Ettore was shying away. Fermi used every tactic as a mentor, and eventually got Ettore to publish his work - this brought Ettore much detested fame, and spotlight. Ettore, unable to cope with it, worked in complete isolation for atleast 2 years, only talking to Fermi and few others very ocassionally.

The story of his disappearance -

In 1938, he sent letter to director of Naples physics institute where he was teaching, that he is making an unavoidable decision, and letting him know as a courtesy and apologized to any inconvenience that it may cause to the students and the institute.

in a couple of hours, he sent another telegram, that he has canceled his plans and bought a ticket to Palermo to Naples.

There is evidence that he boarded the boat in Palermo, but never set foot in Naples.

Initially it was thought that he committed a suicide, during the boat ride. but there was no proof to that either. there was extensive searches done, but never found a body. Fermi insisted on keeping the investigation going on, as they were working on a critical project - later it was revealed that it was te atomic bomb.

Ettore's family rejected the suicide option - for two reasons
1) He withdrew all his earnings on the day of the travel
2) He was devout catholic and suicide was never an option for him.

after years of investigation the case never went any where, and Fermi was known to say that, "The reason we never found anything is because Ettore did not want us to find anything. he is way smart for us to track him".

Possible reason
it was theorized that, Majorana's research revealed to him the dangers of atomic fission, and the dangers it posed, and what it could unleash. He was working with some german engineers, who attested that Ettore started becoming reluctant, few weeks before his disappearance. He apaprently stopped his correspondence regarding atomic fission, which they were surprised because he had been making significant progess.

Post Disapperance theories
1) Suicide - this was the obvious theory
2) Priesthood - He is believed to have escaped to become a priest.
3) escape to venezuela - this theory is probably what actually happened as there have been ocassions where Ettore has been seen by few folks in around 1955 and 1959. the case was officially closed with this as the closing argument.
4) Kidnapped by Nazis - it is theorized that Ettore has been showing signs of distress, and was running away from someone. It is believed that Nazis have kidnapped him to work on the atomic bomb, following his various breakthroughs in the field It is said a Nazi has boarded in Palerma in his disguise and he was kidnapped before the boat travel has started. It is also theorized that Ettore's appearance in Venezuela is because of many Nazi's moving to Venezuela after the war.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image HASH(0x14bf208){Movie Clipart}
Show / hide regular icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Show / Hide Filmy icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: