Topics | Search Log Out | Register | Edit Profile
Hide Clipart | Banned/Unbanned User Log | Moderator Login History | Thread Delete/Move Log | Last 30 mins | 1 | 2
Autism updates

Chalanachithram.com DB » New TF Industry Related » Archive through February 18, 2020 » Autism updates « Previous Next »

Oxford
Junior Artist
Username: Oxford

Post Number: 443
Posted From: 37.58.58.206

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 11:40 am:       

Urumi:

Did he tell any specific reason?

only reason is he wanted to see any silent seizures or dysfunctions in brain activity..

we or other doctors haven't see any other symptoms of seizures,but this one doctor want to see 24hrs EEG..

we tried in hospital, they couldn't able to control him, now they want to go for sedative EEG, i didn't like sedative EEG as he is too young..

Urumi
Side Hero
Username: Urumi

Post Number: 4820
Posted From: 96.240.9.187

Posted on Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 11:27 am:       

Oxford:

Oxford:

why EEG? Did he tell any specific reason? It’s always good to run this test. Get it done at the hospital.
Look into folinic acid and mito issues.

Oxford
Junior Artist

Post Number: 442

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 01:57 pm:       

Anthamidhya:

from here on the kids natural growth will kick in and you will see more progress, matter of time, don't worry about what will happen but go through the process and enjoy every part of it. your kid will surprise you. yes, they will not be good in stuff you want but that's ok, they have their strengths.

this is what i am thinking and waiting for this movement.

Anthamidhya:

Do you see anything physically that indicates abnormailities .. for ex does he stare into distance all of a sudden for a minute or two.. ila unte absence seizures undochu, if no physical signs then you may not find anything but if you have the means/ways go for it for peace of mind.

no i did not see anything like this, anduke ippati varaku emi cheyaledu, but one doctor told me there may be silent seizures we may not know, kust to make sure he wanted to do ,

Oxford
Junior Artist

Post Number: 441

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 01:52 pm:       

Mental_sachinodu:

regression koncham undi, EEG is to identyfy any abnormalities in brain, so we can tackle from neuro diagnosis.

Polavaram
Side Hero
Username: Polavaram

Post Number: 8115
Posted From: 172.58.141.198

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 01:01 pm:       

Oxford:

have you guys seen any latest updates on ASD treatments and diagnosis please post..

Neurofeedback therepy choodandi

Check it in your state
Mits for anxiety , adhd etc.,

And also fir autism ani choosa jari

Anthamidhya
Comedian
Username: Anthamidhya

Post Number: 1265
Posted From: 12.221.72.178

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 12:09 pm:       

Mental_sachinodu:

For a few kids, diet changes seem to be helpful. I have not tried any of those, as my kid pretty much eats everything.

Mine eats everything too but GFCF diet helped ani my feeling.. reason, when we were strictly following the diet for 2-3 years, whenever we went off diet by eating nuggest etc outside he used to stim a lot for next 3-4 days. this happened multiple times that's when we realised the diet might be helping.

just something to try if the kid is happy to give up few foods

Anthamidhya
Comedian
Username: Anthamidhya

Post Number: 1264
Posted From: 12.221.72.178

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 12:02 pm:       

Oxford:

doctor wanted to get it done 24hrs EEG, to see any abnormalities in his brain functionality, we haven't done this yet, any suggestion on this?

good to hear so much progress.. from here on the kids natural growth will kick in and you will see more progress, matter of time, don't worry about what will happen but go through the process and enjoy every part of it. your kid will surprise you. yes, they will not be good in stuff you want but that's ok, they have their strengths.
we stopped using vitamin supplements after age 5, 5.5etc, stopped diet as well around the same time. my kiddo is doing well in general, he is behind compared to peers but i'm confident his strengths will help him pick up...yes, there is always that question mark on will he bridge the gap or not but that comes only once in a while.

Regarding EEG
Do you see anything physically that indicates abnormailities .. for ex does he stare into distance all of a sudden for a minute or two.. ila unte absence seizures undochu, if no physical signs then you may not find anything but if you have the means/ways go for it for peace of mind.

Coming to treatments -- once speech kicked in n we saw progress, we stopped looking for treatments and focused on what helps the kid, any new activity my kid benefits from one on one teaching, so we spend more money on one on one classes for swimming, music, karate, one on one tutoring etc.. yes, these are expensive but I believe they are worth it in the long run to make him self sufficient...

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar
Username: Mental_sachinodu

Post Number: 23735
Posted From: 50.241.19.41

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 11:49 am:       

Good that you are seeing progress. Out of all, ABA is the one that seems to show an impact that lasts longer, and keeps them regressing.

For a few kids, diet changes seem to be helpful. I have not tried any of those, as my kid pretty much eats everything.

I am not sure what the end game of EEG is. Is it for a deeper diagnosis? It might help with understanding where the differences in brain patterns are, but I am not sure if it will help in anyway, in coming with a medical or therapeutic help with the results. Again, I have not had this conversation with this doc. so i might be wrong.

I know few folks, did genetic testing, and in some cases results identified which genes might be behind it, but on a day to day basis, or from a care plan perspective, there is not much gain.

All we can hope, is that they keep learning new skills.

Oxford
Junior Artist

Post Number: 440

Rating: 
Votes: 8 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 11:38 am:       

i thought of giving you some updates on my kid's progress

he is 4 now, going through this hell from past 2.5 yrs, but good news is we made tremendous progress in his speech and communication.

he is going to full time ABA, 2hr speech per week and 2hrs for social skills
he takes some supplements and b12 shots every 3 days.

now he can say his firstname,last name, all of our names, all alpha bets songs etc, since yestarday he started saying if you ask who do you go to when you are sick ,he says doctor, and if you ask when do you go to doctor ,he say sick, which is very good improvement, he only learnt the first part ,second part he learnt on his own, this is the progress i wanted to see in him since long time.

doctor wanted to get it done 24hrs EEG, to see any abnormalities in his brain functionality, we haven't done this yet, any suggestion on this?

have you guys seen any latest updates on ASD treatments and diagnosis please post..please provide your valuable suggestion to improve speech and communication.
TIA

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image HASH(0xb302b8){Movie Clipart}
Show / hide regular icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Show / Hide Filmy icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: