Topics | Search Log Out | Register | Edit Profile
Hide Clipart | Banned/Unbanned User Log | Moderator Login History | Thread Delete/Move Log | Last 30 mins | 1 | 2
Khalistan Sikhs vs Indian Sikhs on Gu...

Chalanachithram.com DB » New TF Industry Related » Archive through November 13, 2019 » Khalistan Sikhs vs Indian Sikhs on Guru Nanak jayanthi « Previous Next »

Mental_sachinodu
Megastar
Username: Mental_sachinodu

Post Number: 23620
Posted From: 50.241.19.41

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 07:36 am:       

Dude.
it has got nothing to do with Khalistan vs Indian Sikhs.

I am surprised there are Idol worship in a Gurudwara. Idol worship, or ritualistic Idol worship is against Gurubana. Again, Sikhism is more inclusive in this aspect, that is a certain sikh does want to keep an idol of any other religion, Sikhism permits it. They believe in the plurality of WaheGuru, that a the ONE god can appear in any number of forms, or names to their believers.

Read about Sir Harmandir Sahib, the golden temple. When Sikhs were being hunted the islamic rulers and the afghans, they were waging their wars living in the forests. The Sahib fell under the control of the Mahanths, and they allowed the Idols into the temple, to attract non-sikh worshippers - to aid with temple maintenance.

The idols lasted in the temple until early 1900s and then they were moved out, not violently,but ceremoniously by Hindu Priests according to Hindu rituals. Sikhs, also wont do anything unceremonious against a mosque.

Coming to Om on the Head-Scarf - Gurubuana begins with Ik -Ong - Kar .. the one creator . its no the same as Om - Om represents the infinite nature of "everything" and "nothing". Many sikh paraphernalia have "Om" symbol inscribed on it, but what they actually mean is Ong - meaning one. identifying one supreme god.its not the same as Om. if you ask them the meaning. Ofcours, most young sikhs might not even know the difference.

Dastar usually has the common blood symbol. like the one, given to you in the second Gurudwara. a simple google search on image of Dastar, will show you, if there is a symbol on a dastar is the Khanda, the two swords in the form a circle - they call it Khara. the circle symbolizes ONE god, with no beginning and no end.

So you see the dastar in the first Gurudwara, is supposed to mean Ong .. which some pronounce as OM, but its not the same as the Hindu OM.

Ballasticmissile:

.then a girl came and asked to to remove tilak

Coming to Tilak. I dont know why the lady has asked you to remove Tilak. However, Tilak has a different significance in Sikhism, Only annointed Guru's used to wear Tilaks. I believe after the 10th Guru, they dont wear it any more.

Ballasticmissile:

when I talked in Hindi, no one replied, English too failed to wake up senses...apparently they speak only Punjabi and deutsch..

this part is quite ridiculous. you are assuming every Punjabi speaks Hindi especially, that are probably born outside India. They might not even know Punjabi.

if you really have interest, show some respect dude. Next time, understand the customs before you go and appraise their nature.

Ballasticmissile
Hero
Username: Ballasticmissile

Post Number: 13758
Posted From: 93.199.43.111

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 04:36 pm:       

Clearly huge huge difference amma ....

When I went to Hindu Sikh gurudwara, its not a separate gurudwara but mixed with Hindu idols...
Rarely a guy like me goes there, all are Sikhs from India settled abroad in last 20-25 years...

Hindu Pooja chese Sikhs ye grurudwar Guru Granth Sahib sadivutaru....

Sikh dastar ( Head scarf equivalence of turban meeda om untadi)

This is me with dastar and chandan from temple...

https://ibb.co/hBLRF12

Till lunch I was at Indian Sikh temple

This was my langar..

https://ibb.co/vxCGQy1

Then afternoon I went for Sikh gurudwara of paki and Indian Punjabi refugees. Huge contrast....they gave me a different dastar with Sikhism symbol on it, every one looking me weirdly as I am wearing chandan tilak, when I talked in Hindi, no one replied, English too failed to wake up senses...apparently they speak only Punjabi and deutsch...then a girl came and asked to to remove tilak ...I am shocked but obliged as I want to honor the festival of gurunanak and spent remaining time, till 19.30 there...had dinner langar....and came back just now....these Sikhs are here from 1970s, 80s ...

This is me with dastar at gurudwara after removing tilak

https://ibb.co/hcHcC40

All in all a new experience in life...I’ll go to gurudwara once every two weeks for next 3 months so that I can understand their traditions even better.

Wahrguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh
Jai wahe guru.
Capacity vundi, laziness, and uninspired life is a waste of time.
YOLO kada....
But experiences is how you bring meaning to life. Worthiness should be earned with adequate efforts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image HASH(0x179f268){Movie Clipart}
Show / hide regular icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Show / Hide Filmy icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: