| Author |
Message |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 631 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.33.248.35
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Friday, October 09, 2026 - 02:16 am: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I too was once sorrow friends when paritala was killed, like others who think about their caste etc. kaani ippudu buddhi vachey, manam okallanokallu gauravinchali. Okari andu okaru runapadi unnaru ani telusukoleka, okarantevokaru dependence choodaleka vadu durmargudu veedu dongodu ani okarnokaru dooram cheskuntunnaru. Leave these edge cases like cbn or paritala or ntr or ysr and jagan. Even platform level kooda ee caste whatsapp groups, nirantara chinnachoopu on others. Idi okinta tamatama vallani munduku teesukoni vellina, tarvata rojullo vache anardhalaki margam choopiyalevu. Appudu chese tyagalu, dourbhagya helanala kanna, mundu nundey okarnokaru ardham chesukoni, oka caste vallu marokarini sahayam chesi kalupukoni vellakapa pothey malli malli evado okari cheyulo bali potam tappa chesedemi ledu, appudu uppu pappu ani padharava sathabdham lo ippudu ai visa ani iravaiokato satabdhamlo, repu mavodu maku muddu, meevodini nunchotaniki kooda stanam ivvam ani balaneena paruchukuntu manalni maname mosam chesukuntu brathikeddam. Antey kaani veroka bratuku undi ani buddhudu cheppina sare buddhudu vedhava maa tatalu goppollu ane Veldam. |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 630 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.33.245.107
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2026 - 10:44 pm: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Anybody can reject what comes by, I also reject modis ideas even if I myself am a beggar. So rejecting denying or not bothering about others opinion is not too difficult. But an affectionate person like a mountain allows even grass to grow so too he gives a chance to even ordinary people. I therefore request any of you magnanimous persons to give me a chance. I am grateful some of you have given me strs or responded with replies. But those others who are even more warm like platy bro may allow me a chance as I wish to share something that concerns all of us |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 621 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.32.124.141
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2026 - 01:02 pm: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Buddha tells don't go by lineage |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 620 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.32.141.156
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2026 - 01:01 pm: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
When I read about alexander I hear him talk great about his vamsam dionyses and others just like hari vamsa, raghuvansa etc. but it is the buddha alone who tells do go by lineage or race or belonging to a school under a teacher but do only that what is moral. So of all by birth kingly personalities the buddha is apartment from the rest |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 619 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.32.134.128
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2026 - 12:54 pm: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Was just reading the various dandayatras happened in Indian history and how men heads were cut, how women were taken and how kids were massacred one after another into several millions and I wish the whole country stayed as buddhist from ashoka onwards then it would have been better. Too much violence in the name of god and lack of unity based on caste, language and some or the other thing. Be rational and scientific friends, don't go by emotions. If there is a god that God is available to all humanity, if there is a god like venkateswara who is protecting us dharmo rakshati rakshita, then where was he when turks, bhamanis and others attacked. Where was hanuman, shiva, vishu, rama, krishna, etc. if these gods were meant to be only available in other yugas except kali Yuga then why pray to them. Kaliyuga daivam Venkateswara Swamy, why he is not ensuring all those who were converted at the fear of sword return back to Ghar wapasi. I really don't understand how someone ignores past and carries on with their current theme instead of looking back or look in present or look forward and see the entanglements and investigate what God is. Curious that no God ever intervened and yet I saw a godly being during corona but no one is interested |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 618 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.33.252.133
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2026 - 02:05 am: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Oh I now see your video about kings. Sorry I saw some other video and thought that was trying link you shared. I liked this video. |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 617 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.33.242.129
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2026 - 01:58 am: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I gave stars because I thought you shared some spiritual related video and was happy to see your reply to my post. I didn't understand now after seeing for a short 5 minutes of the video and it is related to dui. So I was unable to figure out why you shared. If you are saying I got influ nc d by buddhism yeah that may be so. Because earlier when ambani spent a lavish wedding I thoughts many strtups could be initiated with such money. But as I came across this story in buddhism I realised kings have different perspectives and was curious to learn from them also so that we can understand what other persons perspectives are. If I am still missing something and you are pointing to something else, please do let me know shikari brother. |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Shikari
Legend Username: Shikari
Post Number: 30591 Registered: 03-2010 Posted From: 138.199.60.26
Rating:  Votes: 1 (Vote!) | | Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2026 - 02:28 pm: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
interesting interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfZL06TTuf0 http://i.imgur.com/eUYcc.gif |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Spacemac
Junior Artist Username: Spacemac
Post Number: 614 Registered: 05-2012 Posted From: 157.32.215.82
Rating: N/A Votes: 0 (Vote!) | | Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2026 - 02:15 pm: |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Dhammapada 177. The niggardly go not to the World of the Gods; simpletons applaud not almsgiving; But the wise man applauds almsgiving, and therefore wins happiness in the world beyond. This religious instruction was given by the Teacher while he was in residence at Jetavana with reference to Gifts beyond Compare. {3.183} For once upon a time the Teacher returned from an alms-pilgrimage with his retinue of five hundred monks and entered the Jetavana. Thereupon the king went to the monastery and invited the Teacher to be his guest. On the following day he caused rich gifts to be prepared for the visiting monks and then summoned the citizens, saying, “Let them come hither and behold the gifts which I have prepared.� The citizens went thither and beheld the gifts which the king had prepared. On the following day the citizens invited the Teacher to be their guest, and having prepared offerings, sent word to the king, saying, “Let the king come hither and behold the offerings which we also have prepared.� When the king saw the offerings which the citizens had prepared, he thought to himself, “These citizens have given more abundant offerings than I; I will therefore present offerings a second time.� Accordingly he prepared offerings on the following day; when the citizens saw the offerings which the king had prepared, they also prepared offerings on the next day. Thus it happened that neither the king was able to outdo the citizens, nor {3.184} the citizens the king. Six times in succession the citizens increased the amount a hundredfold and a thousandfold, preparing offerings on such a scale that no one might be able to say, “This or that is lacking in their offerings.� When the king realized what they were doing, he thought to himself, “If I cannot provide offerings more abundant than these citizens, what is the use of my living any longer?� And he lay down, thinking over ways and means. As he lay there. Queen Mallik� approached him and asked him, “Your majesty, why do you lie here thus? What makes you look so worn and weary?� Said the king, “My lady, do you not know?� Said the queen, “My lord, I do not know.� So the king told her all about it. Then said Queen Mallik� to him, “My lord, be not disturbed; have you ever seen or heard of a king, a lord of the land, who has been outdone by his subjects? I will manage the offerings.� [30.25] Thus spoke Queen Mallik�, and she spoke thus because she desired to provide Gifts beyond Compare. Then she said to the king, “Great king, give orders for the erection of a pavilion inclosing a circular space wherein monks shall sit to the number of five hundred, and let this pavilion be constructed out of the choicest wood of the S�l-tree; let the rest of the monks sit outside of this inclosed space. Order five hundred white parasols to be made, and let five hundred elephants take these parasols in their trunks and stand and hold them over the heads of the five hundred monks. Have eight or ten boats made of ruddy gold, and let them be placed in the center of the pavilion. Between every two monks let a young woman of the Warrior caste sit and crush perfumes. Let certain young women of the Warrior caste take fans in their hands, and let each young woman stand and fan two monks. Let other young women of the Warrior caste bring crushed perfumes in their hands and cast them into the golden boats. Let other young women of the Warrior caste bring clusters of blue water-lilies, mingle them with the perfumes cast into the golden boats, and present the monks with scents. Now the citizens have neither daughters belonging to the Warrior caste, nor white parasols, nor elephants, so that by these means the citizens will be outdone by you. This is what you must do, great king.� The king replied, “Good, my lady! Your plan is a most excellent one.� And forthwith he gave orders that everything should be done just as the queen suggested. It happened, however, that one monk lacked an elephant. When the king observed this, he said to Mallik�, “Dear wife, a single monk lacks a single elephant. What shall I do?� “What say you, my lord? Are there not five hundred elephants?� “Yes, my lady, there are. But the rest are rogue elephants, and when they see the monks, they are wont to become as wrathful as the monsoon winds.� “My lord, I know where a certain young rogue elephant might stand, holding a parasol with his trunk.� “Where shall we place him?� “Beside Venerable Elder Aṅgulim�la.� The king did so. Thereupon the young elephant thrust his tail between his legs, dropped both his ears, closed his eyes, and stood motionless. The multitude gazed at the elephant in wonderment, thinking to themselves, “What a way for so vicious an elephant to behave!� The king waited upon the Congregation of Monks presided over by the Buddha. Having so done, he saluted the Teacher, and said to him, “Reverend Sir, whatsoever goods are in this refectory, whether they be worthy or unworthy, I present them all to you.� Now in this act of almsgiving fourteen crores of treasure were given away in one single day. Four objects of priceless value were placed at the disposal of the Teacher: a white parasol, a couch whereon to rest, a stand, and a footstool. No one who gave gifts to the Buddhas thereafter was able to equal the gifts which were then presented by the king, wherefore those gifts came to be known as Gifts beyond Compare. It seems that this happens once to all the Buddhas, and that a woman always manages this for all. Now the king had two ministers named K�la and Juṇha. K�la thought to himself, “How the king’s fortune has diminished! In one single day fourteen crores of treasure have been spent! And these monks, after feasting upon these alms, will go away, lie down, and sleep! How the king’s fortune has been wasted!� But Juṇha thought to himself, “Oh, what splendid gifts the king has presented! No one who does not occupy a king’s station could make such a gift! Moreover, none make over the merit of their gifts to all living beings! As for me, I am thankful for these gifts which the king has presented!� When the Teacher had finished his meal, the king took his bowl, that he might pronounce the words of thanksgiving. The Teacher thought to himself, “The king has given mighty gifts, like as when one sets in motion a mighty flood. Will the hearts of the populace be filled with faith, or will they not?� Perceiving the disposition of mind of those ministers, he became aware of the following, “If I pronounce words of thanksgiving appropriate to the gifts which the king has given, K�la’s head will split into seven pieces, and Juṇha will be established in the Fruit of Holy life.� Therefore, out of pity for K�la, he recited but a single Stanza consisting of four verses in honor of the king, who stood before him after giving gifts so splendid. Having so done, he arose from his seat and returned to the monastery. The monks asked Aṅgulim�la, “Brother, were you not afraid when you saw the rogue elephant standing before you, holding a white parasol?� “No, brethren, I was not afraid.� The monks said to the Teacher, “Reverend Sir, Aṅgulim�la utters falsehood.� The Teacher replied, “Monks, Aṅgulim�la has no fear. For monks like my son are of all the Noble who have rid themselves of the Depravities the noblest and have no fear.� So saying, he pronounced the following Stanza in the Br�hmaṇa Vagga, 422. The noble, the eminent, the manly, the wise, the conqueror, The pure, the sinless, the enlightened, him I call a Brahman. [30.27] The king was bitterly disappointed. Thought he, “After I had given gifts to so numerous a company, and had taken my stand before the Teacher, the Teacher omitted to pronounce words of thanksgiving commensurate with my gifts, uttered but a single Stanza, and then arose from his seat and departed. It must be that instead of presenting gifts appropriate to the Teacher, I presented gifts that were inappropriate; it must be that instead of giving such things as were suitable for gifts, I gave such things as were unsuitable for gifts. It must be that the Teacher is angry with me, for it is his invariable practice to return thanks to anyone soever in terms commensurate with gifts presented.� With this thought in mind, he went to the monastery, saluted the Teacher, and said this to him, “Reverend Sir, did I fail to give gifts such as I should have given, or err by giving, instead of such things as were suitable for gifts, things that were unsuitable for gifts?� {3.188} “Why do you ask, great king?� “You did not thank me in terms commensurate with the gifts which I had presented.� “Great king, the gifts you presented were indeed suitable; Gifts beyond Compare such as you presented can be presented but once to a single Buddha; gifts such as these are hardly to be presented a second time.� “But, Reverend Sir, why did you not thank me in terms commensurate with the gifts which I had presented?� “Because the assembled company was contaminated, great king.� “Reverend Sir, what fault was there in the company?� The Teacher then told him of the disposition of mind of the two ministers, and informed him that it was out of pity for K�la that he refrained from returning thanks. The king asked K�la, “Is it true, K�la, that you entertained these thoughts?� “It is true,� replied K�la. Then said the king, “I never took what belonged to you, but with the assistance of son and wife, gave only what belonged to me. Wherein have I done you wrong? Begone! What I have given, I have given. But as for you, depart out of my kingdom.� Having thus banished K�la from his kingdom, he summoned Juṇha and asked him, “Is the report true that you thought thus and so?� “It is true,� replied Juṇha. “You have done well, uncle,� replied the king. “I am content. Take my retinue, and bestow alms for seven days precisely as I have done.� Having yielded the kingdom to him for seven days, the king said to the Teacher, “Reverend Sir, behold what manner of thing this simpleton has done. After I had bestowed thus alms, he delivered this blow at me.� The Teacher replied, “Yes, great king; simpletons [30.28] take no delight in alms presented by others and are therefore destined to future punishment. But wise men take delight in alms presented by others and therefore go to heaven.� So saying, he pronounced the following Stanza, 177. The niggardly go not to the World of the Gods; simpletons applaud not almsgiving; But the wise man applauds almsgiving, and therefore wins happiness in the world beyond. |
|